Friday, February 05, 2010

wooo hue

Those who've known me for a while will realise that I love colour combos that provide a sharp contrast. Today I have deep purple toenails and scarlet fingernails - and it's making me happy. That's why I love what Lauren Conrad is wearing. For a start, that coat is quite possibly the prettiest thing I've ever seen and winter-wear in a summery hue is always a fabulous statement. When it's combined with a slash of scarlet lips it topples over into seriously delicious status. And let's not even start about the scarlet soles on those black Louboutin pumps...

Well, I had my first Alliance Francais lesson last night and let me tell you how glad I am that I went with beginners rather than continuing beginners class. I learned bucketloads in two hours - including how to break french words into syllables {after the verb!} and how to pronounce every sound. It was a mixed bag of a class - with only one annoying woman who chose to pronounce every word as the teacher was saying rather than afterwards {you know, cos she knew how...} Distracting, but I concentrated on watching the teacher's mouth and tried to block this woman out.

I feel mighty confident that my pronunciation is going to be kick-ass - now if only I can get my befuddled brain to remember new things I'll be fine.

Tonight we're off to snazzy restaurant. It keeps raining off and on so I'm a little scared to bust my Manolos out of the box. Maybe my husband can do some kind of gallant plastic carpet laying in a path to the restaurant for me...

I'll be missing Come Dine With Me tonight so I'll need to record it. If James Brown comes last I'll cry - seriously, that man needs to become my best friend stat. Love him! This weekend's stretching out without a huge amount of plans again. I'm going to get back into entertaining soon - I've got one gorgeous family I really owe an invitation to but she's such an amazing cook I need to find a menu I know will delight her... Maybe I could get out the cookbooks to search for inspiration this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your first lesson sounds fantastic. I'm sure you'll be speaking like a native in no time!

    The very first time I wore my first pair of Manolos out to dinner, my friend spilled her lemonade on them. Not impressed. However, it did teach me to be a bit less precious about them - nobody gets to see them in the box!

    Have a fabulous dinner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemonade? See, I'd be upset about that - but not champagne!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x