Thursday, February 11, 2010

one thousand one hundred and eleven

I am v excited as this is my 1111th post. How cool is that number? So to celebrate, here are some glorious David Austin roses. If you love roses, please, please, please buy yourself a David Austin for your garden. They're gorgeous, they're usually beautifully scented and the range is incredible.

We've got quite a few in our garden: the rich, yellow Graham Thomas {with the lavender border in front}, a delicate peachy pink Heritage {two of those flank our front gate}, rich red Tess of the D'Urbervilles and the gloriously blowsy pink Gertrude Jeckyl.

These are balanced with a very old rose - Duchess de Brabant - the most delicate pink blooms you'll ever see and a bush that never needs trimming {and even thought I'm two blocks from the beach it's never seen a touch of black spot!}. We've only got one traditional hybrid tea - the stunning red Mr Lincoln - so deep that its blossoms almost appear black and with a perfume so heady it makes you swoon as you brush by.

Oh, and I should also be celebrating my blogiversary - which fell on Monday - and I forgot. Damn, such a slack blogger... Anyway, happy blogiversary to me! Two years huh? That's gone quickly...

14 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggiversary and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs P - can't believe I forget it every year. Perhaps I need to write in on the calendar along with all the other birthdays and anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bloggiversary - so glad I found you recently. I love roses too, but we have all hyrid tea - will have to look at some of the David Austin ones. Just loved visiting the State Rose Garden in Victoria a few years ago, will have to share some photos soon. Hugs from Perth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kakka I've always been a rose fan - it's my mum's maiden name and our daughter's middle name in honour of my nana - and the flower we love!
    Love to see your pics - and seriously, search out David Austin's gorgeous critters they are x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful! I love roses too. Have a spot all planned out for them in our front garden (renovating a new house and garden). Those pink ones are lovely - especially in combo with the purple.

    Congrats on the blogaversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Caz! Can't wait to hear and see all about your renovation - exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - 1111 is such an enormous number, especially over two years. That's an average of 1.5 posts per day! Hugs all 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy bloggivesary! I' ll have to look at David Austin roses...hope we have them in our botanical garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bloggiversary!

    I was born at 11.11 and I notice the number 1111 a lot... so enjoyed viewing your blog post even more than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, 1111 is quite an achievement, and only in two years! Great work. The roses are beautiful, quite unlike any roses I've seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear how have I not checked in? Happy bloggerversary (am V tried so spelling not good). Always a joy to pop on by and see your beautiful pictures and hear your lovely words. Here's to another 2 years and 1111 posts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x