Sunday, February 21, 2010

ice, ice, baby

The girls and I have had quite a lovely weekend so far. Yesterday we went to a pool party that a new mum at school put on for some of the girls in the class - such a good idea to introduce yourself in this way. The girls swam and a few mums sat and chatted over a glass of bubbles - ah, good times.

Last night we watched Coraline - a gorgeous film, but damned scary! My gal's inherited my wussy gene - I don't do scary films, or books, although I devoured them when I was a teen. The girls sat hugging each other on the couch and I had to read them a book about kittens to help them go to sleep!

Today we've just made herbe omelettes for breakfast and the girls are off ice skating later this morning. We haven't watched ANY of the Olympics so far - damned if I'm paying extra for my pay TV subscription and double-damned if I'm going to stay up late to watch the over-exposed Eddie McGuire on free-to-air. It'll be interesting to see if the screening of the winter olympics has inspired many mini-ice-skaters today. I'll be staying off the ice this time and may well take along the book I'm reading to skim in-between waves, nods and spontaneous bursts of applause...

You?

6 comments:

  1. I always say I'm not going to watch figure skating, and inevitably get sucked in!! I'll probably watch! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend so far. Me? (thanks for asking) I am going to the pool for some more water walking, then I am going to Bunnings with hubby, oh an of course washing and housework. Your Sunday sounds much nicer - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AFANM - it's certainly suck-in-able isn't it? Go on, what's a guilty pleasure between friends!

    Kakka - water walking sounds fab, Bunnings, not so much... {although we spend a lot less when I go too!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to watch Coraline some time.

    I have been watching the morning olympics coverage. So much better than the evening stuff. Except the ice dancing is on at the moment which i don't like so much - figure skating so much better!!!

    I have just been resting this weekend. So tired. Had a bit of a scare early friday morning - boyfriend got injured in antartica...so lack of sleep

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Clarissa, hope your boyfriend's okay - must have been terrible for you wondering when he's so far away! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Clarissa - hope everything's okay.

    PPMJ - I'm so glad the photographer wasn't standing behind that skater!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x