Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy weekend

Happy Saturday! We're off to the nursery soon. I've found that they sell a variety of Hydrangea that blooms all-year-long. It's called Endless Summer and comes in both the traditional mophead and lace cap forms. I'm thinking that the blue will look prettiest against the grey and violet of our house - but we can always change it to pink later if we feel the need.

We're also buying some French lavender to hedge around the garden to the left of our front stairs. We've got a massive murraya in there and my husband's extended the garden so we can fit lavender across the front. Behind it I'm thinking of tall annuals such as foxgloves, cosmos or delphiniums... We'll see what's on offer. It'd be nice to have something pretty to look at while you're walking up the stairs.

What are you up to today? Oh, while I've got you - send out some best wishes to Beth at BabyMac who's having a birthday baking cake-off against her husband - may the best woman win!

9 comments:

  1. I love lavender. Such a nice smell. And a gentle looking plant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree lavender is gorgeous. That sounds like the perfect way to spend a day - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the sound of your garden...hydrangeas, lavenders, foxlgoves...hmmm...
    I've got all of these growing somewhere in our garden...and love them.
    then again i'm very partial to a cottage garden!
    happy weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the nursery. LAvendar is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lavender had a very weak blooming season this year- boo!

    Ever bloomind hydrangea? Ohh la la!

    I cannot WAIT to own my own home and edge the WHOLE thing in pink lilac bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that sounds lovely - how did you fare in the rain?

    We went farmgating this morning and then apple picking at Bilpin this afternoon - was fun!

    Now I'm jam making :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless you. I need it. All the glitter in the world cannot make up for one dodgy castle. I just hope the rain stops so we can go ahead with the party. Our tiny little terrace will not cope with the numbers and Daisy would be HEARTBROKEN. Thanks for the shout out anyway x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden sounds lovely!

    My plans for today? Well, I went to the post office and got a bit cranky with the lack of service in this country and then treated myself to a McDonalds Hash Brown to cheer me up. Now I'm just chilling out at home and going to go and watch some Olympic Ski Jumping on the teev!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone for your gorgeous comments - seriously, is there anything better than lovely comments?

    Clarissa, so right - such a gorgeously scented and pretty plant. The pale grey leaves perfectly set off the flowers.

    Thanks Kellyansapansa - twas lovely - particularly the coffee off vintage cups in the Garden Cafe!

    Kali, nothing delights the senses more than a cottage garden does it?

    Thanks Chantelle - despite the humidity we had a lovely time - flowers make everything better!

    Sara Rose, can't wait for an invite when you have that home - you will make a beautiful home, always scented with glorious foods and filled with love.

    Liss, the rain held off for us - hurrah! It did bucket-down last night though so now the soil's all ready to receive its new friends! Farmgating sounds amazing - will have to make a trek one day...

    Beth - hope all's going well xx

    Oh Jade, there's nothing more crankiness-inducing than a post office line - but at least good service at the end makes it bearable. Glad you're spoiling yourself with some skiing {in the easiest way - as a viewer!}

    Hugs to you all on V-Day x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x