Sunday, February 28, 2010

bag lady

Kaz over at thetruthaboutmummy tagged me - curious to check out the contents of my handbag. Coincidentally this coincided with my desire to clean out said handbag so here you have it!
As you can see I have a scary amount of lip gloss, lip stick and lip balm. Ten in fact. They're generally summer shades, except my gorgeous YSL glossy red and guerlain sparkly red slick. Mmmmm. I've also keep some Clinique City Block Sheer in there in case I need a foundation look in a hurry, one bare minerals id shadow in a deep smoky blue - and two eye shadow brushes for some reason. There's also a daytime mascara just in case.

Perfume: Coco Mademoiselle. Mmm.

A Chanel eye shadow palette in a pretty pink and green.

Address book and pen.

My gorgeous Cath Kidston phone {and Cath Kidston emery board, and lip balm... love her!}

Sunglasses {Colette Dinnigan three Christmases ago - still fabulous}

Car and house keys on a Tiffany keyring {30th birthday pressie - still going strong - thanks Bella Mumma!} A spare pink Eiffel Tower keyring in case I have to take a key off {you know, for the mechanic or something...}

A tape measure {for when you're out shopping and spy a piece of furniture!}

Mints - of course! And a pack of pretty tissues. And spare hairbands - in my gal's school colours - just in case! Wallet - a big Oroton one, sensible black after years of red. Think I'd like a bright one next time - this one hides inside my black handbags! Blotting papers - a saviour in this humidity!

What's missing is handcream and a notepad - obviously they've been transferred to another bag. I love Jurlique rose or lavender handcream - deliciously moisturising but not sticky.

Want to play? Let me know, I'd love to sticky inside your bag!

9 comments:

  1. I want to play too BUT I don't even use a handbag at the moment. I know it's THAT bad round here. I throw things into a nappy bag. Or worse still basket when I go to the shops. SO boring! I shall play again when I am once again a 'person' and not just full time mumma K?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that being a full time Mumma doesn't make me a person - you know what I mean! When I emerge from newborn fog...or something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I suspected - very pink, french and stylish!! Oh the lip gloss!! Lol - is this a fetish of your own I see??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, you know what's really scary? When I tipped my bag upside down TWO MORE lip balms fell out of the corners...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we see the bag too? I love Jurlique hand cream to and have now switched to the citrus one - just beautiful and not so overpowering in scent as the other 2. I never wear lip gloss or lipstick so I am amazed at how many you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! YOur bag is full!!! I don't have a handbag - I use my backpack every day. Way too much stuff in there!!!

    Some odd things include

    * disposable gloves (to protect my hands when using paint stripper on intertidal boulders)

    * Universal indicator paper to test the ph of the paint stripped areas

    * a magnetic protractor

    * 10 different nail polishes (all ugly colours - to paint stripes on my limpets)

    * lots of old super glue tubes

    * kitchen palette knives (to remove limpets)

    * my reading book and other boring stuff like ipod, pencils, pens, plastic etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I think my favorite item is the tape measure, so you're prepared in case you happen to be furniture shopping! Now THAT'S thinking ahead! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x