Thursday, February 18, 2010

all by myself

My husband's off on a golfing weekend with his buddies this weekend. A bunch of blokes who've known each other since school will spend time golfing, drinking and reminiscing. Bless.

He leaves tomorrow morning and tomorrow night my gal's been invited to her bestie's house for a camping sleepover with two other gals. Yep, glad I'm not hosting that one! But you know what that means? I'll be spending my first night alone in what must be about 15 years. Goodness!

So I'm going to take advantage of it and take myself off to the movies. Yep, alone. I'm going to see Nine and hope that if I squint through my eyelashes every time Nicole Kidman comes on screen I'll enjoy it.

Who am I kidding - I'll come out all drenched in the urge to be Italian...

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy! And I hope your family enjoy there weekend pursuits as well. I have got to get myself (and the family) a life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E. My husband's been doing things with his school friends for years - so good for him. But this year I've just booked myself a weekend away with some girlfriends next month. First time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds all too good! Enjoy :)
    I don't get to the movies nearly enough these days since having a family. I should change that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life and the memoirs - we're lucky to go once a year - paying a babysitter on top of the choc tops and tickets is too much. But on my own... wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weekly trips to the movies solo when I was waiting for Harper to arrive were some of the best times I have had in years. You don't have to share the popcorn, you can see whatever you want, giggle out loud...LOVE it. In fact, can I come?! Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, I've always wanted to fly solo at the flicks - but never had the opportunity/courage/intitiative...

    ReplyDelete
  7. please don't tell me I have to wait around 15 years to have a blessed night like yours:)..just kidding. I hope you'll have fun and enjoy yourself! lucky you, don't have to host the sleepover!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oana, I've hosted a couple of slumber parties- but four giggling 10-year-olds in a backyard that's bound to see visits from bats, possums and the odd rustling leaf - no way Jose!

    Thanks for your kind wishes - I'll love it I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What did you think of nine?
    I loved Fergie and Penelope Cruz but found Nicole's character so boring.
    Which is weird because I love her and find her captivating in everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x