Wednesday, February 10, 2010

j'adore

This afternoon I shall be making my child's day by informing her that a filmic version of Eloise in Paris is to be released this year. Squeeeeeee. We love the stories of Eloise - a girl who lives in the New York Plaza with her Nahnee and pets Weenee and Skiperdee. Her favourite food is Filet Mignon and her clothing Dior and she's always utterly fabulous. Two years ago for bookweek my gal donned a pressed white blouse, pinafore, scruffled her hair and slipped on long socks and mary janes in homage to this sweet gal...

Now, the thing that's got me confused is that the eternally glamorous Uma Thurman is playing Nahnee {a role previously assumed by the more squishy Julie Andrews...}. Now, Uma as the ever-absent, always-uber-chic Mother, that I get - but the Nanny? We'll see. C'mon, the film's set in Paris what's not to love?

9 comments:

  1. Indeed. I am SURE we'll be seeing this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always wondering why Eloise lives in the hotel? From memory (Girl Child hasn't really gotten into Eloise) her mother is an actress or something?

    It has never made sense to me. I also want to know where Max and Ruby (the rabbits) parents are too. Ummm I think I have parental / abandonment issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe her dad was a rich, married, broadway producer E.? Explains both the lack of father and high-class lodgings...

    Yes, what is it with kids films/books/tv that a parent either dies or leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing the upcoming, I had no idea, my girl will looooove it, I am sure. I will finally have a break from Felicity wishes stuff:)love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Oana, Felicity Wishes - love that gal! But yes, this film shall be spectacular I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just to tell u that I've came back from library with Eloise in Paris book....can't wait to have a look through, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oana- that's fabulous - I'd love to hear what you think. She's a pretty amahzing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot WAIT to tell Eva this. She l-o-v-e-s Eloise!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x