Monday, February 01, 2010

food of angels


Taking a bite of an angel food cupcake is like nibbling on a cloud. These pure-white pretties were flecked with vanilla beans and topped with a wee bit of buttercream icing were rather sublime. I'd love to make little butterfly cakes next time with whipped cream and butterfly wings made from strawberries. Cuteness!

I had a few un-iced cupcakes leftover from the party so they're in the freezer awaiting a reinvention as raspberry and pink champagne jelly trifle. I really shouldn't keep them waiting too long should I?

8 comments:

  1. raspberry and pink champagne jelly trifle.....sounds delicious; can I have one? please, please...I hope you'll have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oana - yes, I think that's the perfect option for a dessert - served in a cocktail glass of course! Hope your week is fab too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shouldn't keep them waiting AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, just need to find a recipe for pink champagne jelly - what a shame I'll probably only need a glass or so out of the bottle for the recipe. Whatever will I do with the leftovers...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desperate need some time to bake. I might schedule that in this weekend, call my sister's and make a day of it.

    Thanks for the inspiration (from my belly) and Thanks for the inspiration (rather more sarcastically from my butt)... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa your butt will think it's worth it... hey, angel cakes are low-fat {fair chunk of sugar though...}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Look tasty. And the trifle sounds nice. Baking..sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I just want to lick my screen, and seeing as I have a new pretty macbook, I must mean business. DELICIOUS. I want! I want!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x