Wednesday, February 24, 2010

adorably edible

Hello prettiness! I've been feeling generally blah today. My migraine has subsided but has left me with a lingering nausea and general urkiness. So I needed to see something pretty to cheer me up. How happy would you be if you were a pastry chef at Laduree? Can you imagine the joy of creating little lovelies such as this? I have no idea how you'd attempt to eat it - either delicately with a cake fork or just dive in and expect a buttercream goatee...

My frustration at my illness is also compounded as I've also spent the past couple of days leaving messages and sending emails with no response. I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a canyon shouting "Is anyone out there?" but without even an echo in reply. The responses will come though, I'm now just having to insist on training myself not to expect a response to an email. I can't help myself - if I receive an email I respond, even if it's just a "Thanks!" to show that it's arrived. But, as I now acknowledge, plenty of people don't. And that's okay, that's their choice. I just have to trust in the reliability of mine and their server and believe that it's okay, that it's arrived as expected and that they'll get back to me if needed.

And move on.

And find a pretty cake like this to gaze adoringly at...

14 comments:

  1. oohh lovely, i get migraines too so I know that awful feeling.
    {hugs} to you & email, shhmemails..pffft to them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathie, lovely words really do help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo yummo yummo. that looks so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too beautiful to eat (but that wouldn't stop me from eating it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Caz, it does doesn't it!

    And yeo, me too Vicki - I think so long as you gazed adoringly at it for a few moments before diving in that'd be considered sufficient reverence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going buttercream goatee!

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite the image isn't it Belinda? {the buttercream goatee AND the item that will cause it!}

    And I'm feeling much better now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy indeed, but oh the calories - oh well you only live once - dive in with buttercream goatee the result - show you really enjoyed it. Hope tomorrow finds you well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear you were not feeling well! hope everything is much better today! what a beauty! and I don't have anything sweet/ chocolate in my house....

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can get such pretty things in sydney at 'Adriano Zumbo' at balmain. They have new cakes each season and are never repeated. Plus lots and lots of macarons. Check out the website. http://adrianozumbo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Anonymous, that's on my must-visit list next time I'm in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I was just thinking Zumbo when I saw Anon's comment. It's on my hit list ... maybe even this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy something for me PTT - actually, enjoy two somethings, I'm feeling greedy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x