Thursday, February 04, 2010

je parle francais

Tonight's the start of my French lessons at Alliance Francais - guess how excited I am?!?!? Exactement! I hope my brain's ready for this - it's been slumbering the last few days. Each morning I'm waking more groggy than the day before. I'm blaming staying up late to watch Come Down With Me on Lifestyle +2 {how do I love that show... And how do I love James Brown - gorgeous man that he is - and he's decorating his home 1930s Paris Burlesque tonight, be still my heart}.

I have been walking each evening which is my saviour. So many times I've felt too tired, or too busy, but I'm putting my health first and making sure that I take 30 minutes a day for a walk. I'm also cutting my coffee consumption down to two cups a day {eek - at least they're both double shots - shhhhh}.

Hopefully this French course will be just the exercise my brain needs. I can't abide Cryptic Crosswords and can't even begin to understand what Sudoko's all about so using my brain to learn a language could be just what it needs.

Okay, time to do a phone interview - and then I'll need to paint my nails in readiness for my class. Chanel red? Oui!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tonight! Am sure you will be fabulous at it and in any case, will look the part. Come Dine with me? LOVING. I cannot get enough of it this week with the drunken behaviour of them all. The 24 course degustation last night was also quite hilarious...who knew lasagne would/could be on one? And I WANT to be friends with James. If he just met me I am certain he would love me just as much! I feel the same about Geri Halliwell but that's another story altogether....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh yes, the degustation had me in fits! And what in the hell was that house of hers - I'm changing my career to fairy if it means you live in a stonking waterfront home and wear Chanel!

    Wow, I too think James would love me. And as I want to be friends with Posh we all could party together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to wear a beret too?

    I used to think sudoku was crap until I started playing it on the DS - I have to admit that the electronic form is slightly addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No beret - heaven forbid I should be a cliché. However, fingernails are Chanel red and toenails Chanel purple. Will take my handbag from Ille st Louis and will be ready!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x