Wednesday, February 03, 2010

snap happy

I've always had a love for photography - so much so that my major at Uni was actually photography {with a minor in journalism...} However, three years of bickering lecturers with their own agendas almost put me off photography for life. Now, I'm keen to get behind the lens again.

With a long-ish OS trip planned next year I'm keen to get the shots I want - so a bit of research was in order. Luckily one of my friends is an exceptionally talented photographer who's sharing his skills over here.

One article I found particularly relevant was about getting up close to your subject - I'm always far too tentative and tend to stand so far back and pretend I'm not shooting the subject - and end up with a whole lot of superfluous background with a dim spec of a subject in the distance.

If you're interested in photography {and I know so many of you are} check out photographyfortravellers.com - it's mighty inspirational...

2 comments:

  1. thanks! I'll definitely check it; had a quick look, seems great;xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting professional advice - particularly for free!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x