Tuesday, February 09, 2010

minimalist? moi?

No matter how much I declutter, tidy, clean and purge I'll never be a minimalist. I need something to show a room's lived-in. This room here is pretty, but it makes me kinda nervous. I'd need to shower before sitting on those pristine white covers, and then I'm sure I'd leave grotty wrinkles when I stood up... For me, minimalist doesn't equal zen - it just makes me think of cleaning. And I've got far more important things to think about than cleaning...

8 comments:

  1. oooo, I would get this room dirty by just looking at it. Beautiful by very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if my house looked like this.

    We bought a white couch before kids, and now it is an off white, fingermarked mess.

    What were we thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a white leather lounge in our living room, with very pale off-white carpet. I'm actually astounded at how clean it stays. I guess having only part-time kids helps, but don't write off white as an option, it can work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like pork, and champagne, and Paris, and peonie roses....I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic, but I like my stuff around me and on show not stuck away in cupboards, so as much as I would love to minimise it is just not going to happen I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, you: me: twins.

    Yes Kakka, I need places of beauty for my eyes to rest on. That's why I need pretty pictures on every wall, stacks of books in every room and wee vignettes on every surface. No, not a minimalist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look at a sofa like this and think: Beware of children walking around carrying any form of chocolate. Or rasberries. Beware!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x