Friday, February 19, 2010

frill seeking

Ah, Julianne Moore, so exquisite. My adoration of gals with titian locks is almost becoming obsessive...

Am desperate to go see her and Colin Firth in the Tom Ford flick - desperate I tell you. A couple of gals and I were discussing the appeal of Colin Firth today and I do believe that he can do no wrong {unless he steps out on that adorable wife of his...} He's charming, funny and was Mr Darcy. Oh, and as my friend R reminded me today, there was also the hysterical fight scene in Bridget Jones. The man's perfect...

But this wasn't a post about Colin {damn man highjacking my Julianne Moore love-fest}, no, it's about this frock and my love for it. Simple, elegant, sexy and swooshy. I'm not sure if that's feathers or a fringe, but either way, I'm deeply smitten. A little black dress never looked so red-carpet worthy. {Now, personally, I would have worn coloured shoes - I love a basic black accessorised with a shot of bold colour}.

Oh, and guess what? Nine has concluded its run at my local cinema. Pretty sure it only ran for a week and for that I'd like to blame Nicole Kidman's face {I tend to blame her face for a lot of things...} So instead, I'm going to stay home and be girly. I'm hiring Marie Antoinette for purely visual purposes and will get into some secret girls business {no, just pedis, manis, face masks, hair masks... you know}.

Hey, can you do me a favour? Because I'll be home alone would you mind sharing a drink with me around 6pm? I'll be having a violette martini as it will co-ordinate nicely with Marie Antoinette and my grey fingernails - but you feel free to have whatever you like. Salut x

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I believe I'm several hours behind you, but I've never been one to turn down a chance to clink glasses! I'll salute you with a mimosa or something! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress. Love Julienne. Love Colin. Overall post rating... LOVE IT.

    Oh and the drink, can we rain check to this evening as I just read it now. Same time? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. will definitely be joining you I think!
    ohh and the fight scene in bridget jones...hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll be needing to revisit Bridget Jones tonight on my solo girly evening... Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm there! I sometimes worry about how I count down the hours and minutes on a Friday until I can pour myself a vino, get out my magazines, and paint my toenails!! Hubby gets babysitting duty on Friday evenings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Julianne too..I was hoping she was wearing that fab Bvlgari earrings; so sorry you don't get to see Nine. Am I in time for your perfect looking violette martini? have a fab weekend! love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jen, that's one sweet deal you've got yourself there - bliss!

    Thanks Oana - violette martini in hand - le sigh... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you not love Colin Firth... double sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so piAlssy that I didn't get to Nine either but I WILL GET TO Alice in Wonderland if it kills me. va wants wants wants to go see Cat in the Hat.....oy vey. I'll need to sneak booze into the theatre to get there. Ugh. IF we go.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x