Friday, February 26, 2010

being yourself

You know I love Helena Bonham Carter. I adore how she's got such a strong sense of personal style and doesn't even nod in the direction of following the Hollywood ideal. Here she is at a screening for Alice in Wonderland {yes, I have been remarkably quiet on that front haven't I? Don't worry - I've been internally squeeling with anticipation}.

I think we all need to take a leaf out of Helena's book. She dresses in a way that obviously makes her happy and, aside from stopping us from being naked, shouldn't that be what fashion is about? Bugger sensibility - let's embrace fabulousness. I vow to always ensure that at least one item on my person will make me grin broadly. I'm going to raid my dress-up box and make-sure that at least one drool-worthy item makes it out the door every day.

Let's have fun!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I join you in your item of "drool worthiness!" FANTASTIC idea! Thanks, Helena (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my dear girl, are an absolute doll. Let's do drool-worthy together across the seas shall we? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great how she really doesn't give a shit about what the masses say or do? I agree - utterly refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good weirdo. Perfect. Stunning. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x