Tuesday, February 23, 2010

pork in my belly

Those of you who love pork {you know who you are} will have to sigh in rapture with me over this. It's a slowly roasted loin of pork served with apple chutney.

Sounds about four thousand times yummier than the plain old ham sandwich I had for lunch.

Is it nearly autumn yet? Honestly if I have to cook one more meal with salad I think I'll die of boredom... I'm keen for slow cooking. I want to bring out my le crueset and create something rich and flavoursome... Actually the sky is looking rather grey and ominous outside {that'd be because I finally hung out the beach towels I've been wanting to wash for a week}.

I'm itching to cook up something with garlic, with wine, with herbs...

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I just dribbled a little. Thank you PPMJ. Now I saw at the butcher yesterday pork belly on special for $9.99 a kilo and thought firstly of you, and secondly that I MUST get some and roast it up or something. Did you ever get the recipe from CDWM? I have me a hankering that needs to be sorted out! And again? Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Beth!!

    But I have to agree, that photo and then you description PPMJ made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes my stomach flu addled self hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, of course you thought of me {as I would think of you} - we're weird that way. But, yum! And no, forgot to find that recipe. Can you find it for me and cook it for me...

    Oh Kakka, that's what I'm here for.

    And Sara Rose, hope it makes you feel a little better x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x