Tuesday, February 02, 2010

in the swim

It's the school swimming carnival today an even I used to love, but my daughter tends to loathe. The competitive gene seems to have skipped a generation where my gal is concerned - or maybe it was the Montessori pre-schooling combined with being an only child that does it. But anyway, despite years of swimming lessons and the fact that she'll happily swim for hours in our pool she's not quite sure if she wants to enter any races.

So I'm off to do some gentle encouraging so that she at least has a go at backstroke - and maybe her age race. Surely she will - if only to show off her snazzy polka-dotted swimsuit {blue - not that one above that I really, really, really need!}.

PS: TV-wise I'm not sure what I'm thinking of the contestants on this week's Come Dine With Me {aside from James Brown who I luuurve!}. Oh, and we taped My Kitchen Rules last night as I was busy flinging my poor old body around a netball court {feeling very sore and on the verge of death today - but we won!}.

3 comments:

  1. I think I saw a late re-run last night of come dine with me and just saw one lady who seemed to drink her body weight in wine/champers. It is INTRUIGING I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I used to hate school swim carnivals too. Not because I couldn't swim (I had lessons from quite an early age), but because of the humiliation of having to wear the school regulation-daggy bathers. I still shudder to tyhink of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she drank double her body weight Beth - and worst of all, her bad behaviour was captured on cameras and broadcast to millions... You've gotta watch!

    Oh Kellyansapansa - regulation bathers sound hideous! The girls today had a gorgeous range of swimsuits - and my gal swam in TWO races!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x