Tuesday, January 26, 2010

totally tuesday

It's a quiet old Australia Day in this household. My husband's taken our daughter and her bestie down to Westfield Bondi Junction for some shopping and I'm home getting some work done. I've realised lately that I'm quite shopping phobic. While my sister-in-law was out here she and our niece went shopping. They left at 8.30am and got home at 6pm after spending the day at our local Westfield. I was horrified - what could they do? Shopped apparently. Window-shopped, actual-shopped, lunched in David Jones...

When it comes to shopping centres I like to get in, get what I need then quickly leave. There's no browsing. The only way I know about something new is if I've seen it on-line or in a magazine. Window shopping is a form of personal hell {unless I'm checking out the windows of high end stores in Paris - that I can do...}

But op-shops... Now that's different. See, in an op-shop I can uncover treasure. I never know what to expect and am often surprised. A new op-shop's opening in my neighborhood on Feb 3. My gal cracked that I'd probably set up a mattress and camp out on the doorstep over night. Which got me to thinking...

7 comments:

  1. I think I'm somewhere in the middle - I love to shop, but after about 3 or 4 hours, it's time to go ... P23!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to shop for books and that is about it. But i do love how shopping centres are air conditioned so a good refuge in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yes Clarissa, i could book shop for ever! And wow, 3 - 4 hours PTT - that's stamina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am equal opportunity- I love the local Westfields but love op shops too.

    If I had to choose I'd say op shops though, it's like a world of possibility- you never know what you'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly - it's the mystery of op-shops that I find appealing Aneets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an op shop girl all the way.
    I'm quite partial to $2 shops and Howards Storage World too. Although I rarely buy anything in either store.
    Not sure what that's about actually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Megs, I think it's the surprise aspect of the $2 store and Howards as well. With Howards I dream about how this one thing will organise my life and make it so much better - and still walk out empty-handed...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x