Sunday, January 24, 2010

a little shhhhhhh

Today I'm on go-slow. I woke slowly, had a big bowl of coffee, slowly swept the debris from the pavilion after yesterday's windstorm and now I'm slowly browsing through a few blogs and am just going to chill.

Hubby and I will go for a walk with our gal later on, down to the beach, and she can check out the playground equipment while we breathe in the salty air - and maybe jump on a swing ourselves.

There were big hugs and tears at the departure gates yesterday as we saw off my sister-in-law and our two nieces. It's bittersweet having adored relatives who live so far away. It does mean we've got a base to go visit them when we hit the UK, and that we get an intense few weeks when they come out here, but there's no casual drop-in - and phone calls have to be timed precisely {something I completely suck at}.

It's been a busy few months, and I've enjoyed every second of them, but today, I think a bit of relaxation's in order. I need to recharge and gear up for school starting this week {hurrah! although there's a larger hurrah from a certain young lass who's made herself an I heart school badge and is displaying it on her jammies as we speak!}.

6 comments:

  1. That's so cute - you know there will come a time when she hates school, so make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she's going into year 5 now so fingers crossed she'll maintain that momentum going into high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe, cute, where can I get one. The badge that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly am Corinne! And yes Melissa, the badge was uber-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a 'bowl' of coffee as opposed to a 'cup'.

    Hope you had a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x