Sunday, January 17, 2010

cooking crush

Although I'm very happily married, I do like to have the odd cooking crush. I need a chef to tickle my tastebuds and my fancy at the same time. I've gone through a few {I'm a fickle lass} but my latest is Manu. C'mon, he's French!

And cute.

And he cooks.

And he has an accent...

I think he'll last longer than my others.

Shall I spill? Okay, well I've always had a spot for Jamie Oliver in my heart. He's obviously passionate about food, his family and his wife. And don't get me started on his humanitarian deeds. He's done some mighty fine work and I won't hear a bad word against him - so don't bother! Jamie and I are now at the old married couple stage - you know, we'll still hold hands crossing the road, but the passion's not at its peak.

Nigella's my babe-fest crush. I think she's utterly gorgeous and I love that I can totally trust any of her recipes to taste delish. Nobody who loves their food like Nigella would dare serve me up a bland recipe. I'm also fond of her taste in decorating and her hourglass figure.

I went through a bit of a bad boy stage a few years back. I'm ashamed to admit it, but for a while there Gordon Ramsay did it for me. He had a pork belly recipe that was succulent, crunchy and oh-my! His chocolate fondants also performed as expected. Then there was the whole mistress scenario and I just totally lost it. We split up that day and I've never given him a backwards glance.

Watching Hells Kitchen UK not only gave me my Ade Edmondson fix but a newfound appreciation of Marco Pierre White {let's not go into the licking of the chef's knife - sigh}. His hair, his gaze, his knife skills {stop it!} were sigh-inducing. However, out of sight, out of mind.

Which is more than I can say for Manu. Shall I be watching My Kitchen Rules? Der! I know it's on free-to-air but this little black duck's going to be sticking post-its all over the house to remind me of the screening time. As soon as they announce it that is...

Ah, Manu, mon petite chou...

6 comments:

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x