Monday, January 25, 2010

mmmmm mustard

If you'd have told me that my fave look from the SAG awards would have asymetrical shoulders and would be in a fetching shade of mustard I would have laughed till I burst something.

But here's Diane Kruger in my fave frock of the night {sans my fave accessory of hers - Pacey!} The look's reminiscent of Michelle Williams and her fabulous yellow oscar frock with scarlet lips - but I'm thinking Kruger has upped it a notch.

Now, here's the thing I don't get about award shows. Why is it that films and television are all about suspension of belief. We're meant to believe that this actor is a totally different person, maybe that they can fly, that they'll totally survive an explosion that propels them 40 feet in the air via flames and toxic gasses... And yet, there's barely an actor who believes that when they go up to present or acknowledge their success the microphone is capable of picking up speech if the mouth is not directly in front of it.

Stop slouching people!

Why, oh why do so many people bend down to the microphone? It's just maddening.

3 comments:

  1. That? FABULOUS. That Michelle Williams frock will always be one of my all time favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just divine. Thank goodness as I nearly cried when I saw what my lovely Marion Cottilard was wearing - white stripper heels people!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x