Wednesday, January 13, 2010

happy daze

Phew, last night was hot - damned hot. The cool change that normally kicks in when the sun goes down refused to raise even so much as a toe towards kicking in. So that meant a restless night. However, surprisingly, I'm feeling refreshed and ready to get on with the day.

One interview to do and then I'm free to climb rock walls with the gals {who, adorably, made their breakfast, and their bed, unpacked the dishwasher and are now hanging a load of washing - cuteness!}.

We're packing so much adventure into these school holidays that I'm pretty sure that even my school-loving miss isn't really missing school too much.

Best investment ever? The pool. My gal had seven swims yesterday and I had two - even tied my hair back tightly and did a few laps of fast freestyle {rather than my usual slow breaststroke}. Husband spent the day top-dressing the lawn in the courtyard {stinky much?} so it should be looking lush and green in just a few weeks time.

7 comments:

  1. I am jealous of said pool. It was so hot last night. Enjoy your day

    Also - can you let me know if my blog is updated for you on your newsfeed or whatever? I wrote a post yesterday and i didn't appear updated on anyones blogroll :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's very nice to be feeling more cool and comfortable today! We are thinking of getting a pool, but I think the last few days made the decision for us. Instead of being stuck inside with the cooling on, we could have been jumping in the pool. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also very jealous of the pool. We are hoping to put one in this year, but with a wedding to also pay for, I have a horrible feeling it won't happen until next year. Wedding or pool - hmm, tough choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hibernating in the air con at home. Way too hot to go outside- pool sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you write and make me envious! Oh what I do for a pool! Enjoy rock climbing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo! I will be stealing and sending to my Mum and little sis IMMEDIATELY for wedding inspiration. Thank you! And as for this heat? I was up feeding Harper and at 2.51am it twas 26 degrees still. One word: NASTY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clarissa, it certainly is - although yesterday I clicked on the photo link and blogger said it didn't exist {found it and commented though!}
    Oh Megan, if you're even thinking about it do it. Seriously, best investement EVER.
    Yep, Kelly - wedding first, pool later!
    Aneets, I have no idea how anyone survived yesterday without air-con - second best investment!
    Corinne - rock climbing ROCKED. I am so doing it again.
    Beth, steal away, I stole it from Martha and was too stricken by the heat to credit it - shall do now. She's got some pretty bridal stuff happening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x