Tuesday, January 05, 2010

blue sky dreaming

Oh my word, today we awoke to pristine blue skies. Real Aussie summer shades of azure. I felt my mood rise instantly. Isn't everything more achievable on a lovely day? It probably helped that I had a great night's sleep on my fresh, crisp sheets...

We've got the cousins all day again today. Bliss. We had a lovely bbq dinner last night on the back veranda, the girls played red rover cross over and what's the time Mr Wolf in the front garden, and swam of course. Bedtime they all bunked down in my gal's room and even the last recalcitrant child {who needed a drink, lost her toy...} was asleep by 9.30pm.

Breakfast is now complete and Hello Kitty colouring pages have been printed out. The girls will gather on the back veranda to colour and afterwards we'll all go for a swim.

I'm feeling recharged and ready to get into the new year. After the hectic nature of Christmas and New Year I was all entertained out - but a few days of rest, walking every day and eating food to nourish my body have rejuvenated me.

Time to send out a few dinner invitations I think. After all, I've got my Mastering the Art of French Cooking to work through - and a KitchenAid that's just begging to make some puddings.

9 comments:

  1. The sleep does help with the mood - i am not so cheerful today even though it is so sunny like you say...but I didn't get much sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clarissa, sleep makes all the difference. The phrase "tired and cranky" was made for me - and my daughter's inherited it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo recharged by the blue skies. It's wonderful to have everything bright and crisp again. It's also lovely as everything is vivid green from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Corinne, our grass is sooooooo lush. Husband's now out trimming all the new growth from the lilly pilllys. But a swim under the blue sky with the nieces and daughter was utterly priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars has the blue skies lifted my moods today. I too shall be swimming in the sunshine this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Beth, I thought the blue skies looked pretty spesh here - till I saw your blog!!!!! Couldn't comment this morning as I had a weird thingy popping up thanks to twitter - resolved now. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord be - that image makes me want to bake cupcakes, make iced tea and wile away the afternoon with my girlfriends. Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOhh I love that picture, ever so pretty and inviting. You sound so refreshed, love the idea of that. I had a lovely day too with my girls at the park, relishing the sun and blue skies!!! seems rare these days in good ole nz.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x