Thursday, January 28, 2010

safe-keeping

One of my worst habits is putting things in an odd spot. You know, I'll come in, fling the keys on the {un-made} bed and then, when I attempt to go out will fluff around trying to find them {funnily enough I always look on the key-hanger in the kitchen first - but never put the damned things on there first...}. So, just now, I was searching for my daughter's Smiggle calculator as she needs one to take to school. Didn't find it but I did find around 45 pencil cases, 25 erasers, 15 pencil sharpeners, enough textas to deck out the entire school - and her 2007 Santa photo.

I'm trying to get all her santa photos together so I can arrange them all from her first when she was nearly one, till the modern day. So at Christmas I found all but 2007 and 2003 and displayed them proudly along the sideboard. Then, I gathered them all up and put them in a safe place. Now, I've just gone to put the 2007 photo with all the rest - and am damned if I can find the stupid safe place.

I know it's not behind the jar of nutella in between the lasagne noodles and coriander and lime microwave rice - mainly because I found a packet of AAA batteries there. Perfect spot for them really - not in the drawer a mere few steps away where I keep batteries and rechargers. Nope, that'd be stupid because if robbers came in they'd be able to steal all my batteries because they were in such a damned obvious spot.

So, from today I'm finding a perfect spot for everything and NO MATTER WHAT I'm putting whatever it is wherever it belongs. Pinky swear!

4 comments:

  1. I do this all the time & feel your pain.

    I estimate that I spend at least 1-2 hours per week looking for misplaced household items.

    Drives me absolutely mental!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've started - and of course took the wrong key off the hook when I left this morning. $85 and one locksmith later... That'll teach me not to pay attention.

    But I'm pretty sure that my house will be 1000 times tidier if I keep this up - and get husband and child to do the same {ha!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so get this. Mr E. used to spent so much time with me ringing him asking "have you seen my keys? my wallet? my brain?" okay maybe not the last one but it feels like it! We now have hooks above the internal garage door which helps with the key situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow E. you actually use the hooks - I'm impressed. Oh, and I gave up asking where my brain was years ago... Welcome back from your hols - missed you x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x