Tuesday, January 19, 2010

frill seekers



When it comes to high fashion, particularly for awards nights, I like a bit of razammataz. The plain and the safe can stay at home. I want ruffles, I want glitz, I want to wonder.

That's why the Best and Worst of fashion awards shows always bug me. My Best awards may not go for the perfect frock - they give a hurrah to those who are bold, striking and stick in my mind.

Fashion should be fun. It should be inspiring, and bring out the smiles. If it's so understated that you don't notice it, then, really, what's the point? Frocks should always be fabulous, in my humble opinion...

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Fabulous is the key. That's what I made the dress code at our wedding. Not formal. Not lounge suit or cocktail. But FABULOUS. And everyone lived up to it!

    As an aside can we please debrief re: Voltaggio? I learned last night that Kevin has a tattoo of a pig on him. Our kind of man....

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x