Friday, January 15, 2010

gold-plated glamour

I'd quite like this here frock to wear to dinner tonight. It's funny, even though I'm a Leo, I don't tend to go for gold or glitz, but today... today I'm in a sparkly mood.

Instead I'll just reach into my closet and find something to wear - and maybe I'll just coat my toenails with a bit of 24 carat glam.

Actually, I think I'll go to town on my eyes. I've got a spectacular azure blue that I'll use to line the upper lashline, taking it just under and around my inner eye. Then, I've got this fantastic golden powder that I'll use under my lower lashes. A fine dusting of a glittery green on the lids, lashings of mascara and a glossy lip and I'll be set. Who needs a wardrobe full of frocks when you've got a make-up kit you're not afraid to use!


10 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Show us a pic of your eye make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. I love playing with eye-makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeless at eye make-up. Can you post some instructions with your photos please?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure. I love it - it's all about experimenting and following the natural curves of your eyes. Start thin, step back, thicken, add a bit more colour...

    May do a few tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My problem is I still think I am 20, not 46. The tarty look just ain't so hot on an old prune.

    Where do you get your gorgeous images from. They all make me drool... Oh hang on, no, it's the senility that makes me dribble, but I do like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madmother, you need to stop! And what's with the 'old at 46' business? You've only got a few years on me!

    Pics come from all round - fashion usually stolen from net-a-porter...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Madmother - by stop, I mean stop making me cack myself laughing. Or maybe I need to stop reading comments while drinking or scarfing down crackers...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you had a good night, would love some eye makeup pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, not stop obsessing, lol?

    Sorry if you wasted the drink... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had that dress, I'd wear it to the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x