Friday, January 08, 2010

friday fabulosity

Guys, it's another week coming to an end - looks like twenty ten will be moving with the same alarming speed at 2009...

My gal's at a playdate with a buddy today, so I'm hunkering down to get three days work completed in one. Last night we had a crowd for dinner - the largest group I'd cooked for {I'm still doing baby-steps - entertaining one family at a time}. Last night we had father- and mother-in-law, sister- and brother-in-law, two nieces and a friend of the British who was visiting from the UK. A bbq, roasted potato salad and green salad and lots of baguettes filled everyone before finishing off with a lemon delicious pudding and lashings of vanilla bean ice cream. Mmmmm.

Tomorrow night we're off to another sister-in-law's for bbq - with the whole family attending. I'm making a massive dish of potatoes dauphinous and a big chocolate cake for all the girls with December/January birthdays to share {I'm thinking Nigella's chocolate sour cream cake - what do you think?}

But now I'm going to brew myself another coffee and sit down and work, work, work, work, work. Might do some whistling while I'm at it too...

8 comments:

  1. Lordy, you are amazing! I *can* cook, but do not enjoy it one bit. Stresses me out if it is a new dish.

    And yes, 2010 is going at the same alarmingly frantic pace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I must admit I do enjoy it - athough cooking up that much meat, at the one time, for that many people, almost did my head in! However, I managed to cook perfectly brown on the outside, pink on the inside steaks - so all's well with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Tell me more about this lemon delicious pudding???!?!?!? My specialty pudding (the only one i can cook well) is steamed bannana with maple syrup and lots of dried apricots through it (the steamed banana is on the top)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll put the recipe on later Clarissa - it is, as the name would suggest - delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds absolutely delicious! I'm not a bad cook, but I'm not a great cook. I may have to tempt you to be my mentor for the three-course French extravaganza I'm planning on doing sometime in 2010.
    Look forward to seeing the lemon delicious recipe, that does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Corinne, when it comes to french food - you'll never shut me up! Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the conservatory!

    Our house is Cape Cop, so would suit perfectly, somewhere, anywhere, hell I'll make a place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, a conservatory would look mighty fine madmother - find a spot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x