Friday, January 22, 2010

perfect places

I need a cleaner. Stat! My floor is covered with bits of popcorn, crackers and sugar {detritus from the party yesterday!} there are towels and swimmers on every surface and let's not even discuss the state of my bathroom.

Combine this with a child who'd quite like to be entertained, a writer who needs to finish two articles and the arrival of my father and step-mother tonight and you have one grey-hair sprouting, shallow-breathing lil black duck on your hands...

I think I'll have to do the basics. 1. Pay the 10-year-old to vacuum the house. 2. Take her for a swim and 3. Mop the bathroom floor and wipe down the vanity and mirror. 4. Finish first article off by lunchtime. 5. Finish second article off by 3pm. 6. Arrange a simple dinner of great bbq steaks and salad. 7. Breathe...

7 comments:

  1. You can't pay her to write the article while YOU go for a swim? Just a thought :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee - oh I wish... She did vacuum and take out the massive amounts of recycling though! $5 well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait until I can pay my girls to do things!
    I recently got a cleaner and I am in love with him. The house only stays clean for about 25 minutes, but what a glorious 25 minutes they are!

    PS- Have been in the M&B offices this week! Feeling very strange about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh 25 minutes of cleanliness - divine!

    Yes, I presumed you were there - did you see Lisa? Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much vacuuming do you get for $5? I'm not sure paying with of my kidlets to do stuff would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E. It was a whole house vacuum - including under furniture - and three trips to the recyling bin. Worth it! Helps that she's 10 and is saving for an iPod!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No-one left there from the old days. Strangely people there who I've worked with at other places.

    Was lovely to catch up with Martine though, she's a treasure.
    Two more days left..

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x