Saturday, January 16, 2010

sunny saturday

This is what I shall be doing today. And when I'm not on the daybed with my feet up I plan on swimming. I've finally realised that a body needs some downtime to cope with the busy periods...

Last night we had an excellent dinner with our friends. We started out on the harbourside, sipping pink champagne and chatting before moving inside to peruse the menu. Tickle me chuffed to bits that pork belly AND duck were on the menu. Pork belly and caramelised pear are two exquisite combinations - and when followed by duck confit on a pumpkin rosti with wilted spinach, beetroot jam and a sticky jus... Yum.

We all ordered desserts and kept sticking our forks into each others meals which made us very happy indeed. Good food and good friends are a fabulous combination that we all need to experience.

8 comments:

  1. Last night and your plans for today both sound lovely.

    Hope you enjoy today because it seems you really enjoyed last nights dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh E. I sooooooooooo did. Taking it very easy today, and just about to go for a swim! Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could think of no better way to spend today {or any day!!!}

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100% jealous right now! Hope the relaxation reaches your core! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All sounds wonderful!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duck AND Pork belly AND champagne? And then pool? You are living the good life my friend! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh very jealous Londoner here!

    Maybe I should just paint my toenails red and stick a picture of a swimming pool near my feet, it might make me feel better about the lack of sunshine here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x