Thursday, January 14, 2010

so wrong, in so many ways

Remember that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie and Big had been dating a while and he bought her a monkey-butt-ugly bag in the shape of some kind of bird? I think that's where any residual affection I had for the man died. Seriously. Ugly.

So just now, I'm perusing for pretty on net-a-porter when what should assault my eyes but this. This, my friends, is a Judith Leiber Camel Gobi fine crystal-embellished clutch. Or one big hunka ugliness.

Anywho. Guess how much it costs. Go on.

Nope, higher.

Seriously, higher.

And again.

Dude, you're not paying attention - this here's a crystal-encrusted camel.

...

It's four thousand and ninety seven POUNDS and seventy one cents.

That's nearly a new car in Australian dollars.

Nope, you can't put a price on taste...

4 comments:

  1. Wow. SO SO wrong. My first sighting of this bag took my breath away. And then there was the price. Good Lord!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - it was a Judith Leiber bag that Big gave Carrie. I think from memory it was a swan. I cannot understand why anyone would want any form of diamond encrusted animal on their arm, but have you seen the price of these things? I prefer the Timmy Woods Eiffel Tower bag myself. There's a massive difference between kitsch and tacky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know girls - and I can't believe she's still making the things. I love Kitsch - but tacky? Uh uh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x