Tuesday, April 13, 2010

what's cooking?

Back to menu planning today - I'm crazy not to. Five minutes planning today saves a good hour or more of anguish later in the week.
Tonight: chicken and potato provencale {pictured}
Wednesday: steak and salad
Thursday: shepherds pie, mushy peas and sweet potato chips
Friday: Friends for dinner. They're bringing the last of the duck confit they brought back from france and I'm supplying potatoes roasted in duck fat, almonds and green beans, green salad, baguettes and a lemon tart for afters. Champagne will be consumed.
Saturday: Family gathering to celebrate father-in-law's 75th birthday. We're all taking a hot dish to share so I'm making beef bourguinon that I'll cook on Friday and taking buttered potatoes and baguettes. Might make a batch of Nigella's brownies to take along as well.
Sunday: Roast chicken and vegies
Monday: chorizo pasta bake - and a big celebration that school is back!

7 comments:

  1. Are you trying to kill me?

    Sitting here salivating.

    Would you adopt me, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come to your house for dinner every night? I don't mind the 2 hour commute each way, it'd be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i done this last night too before i ordered my groceries :) hehe. mines up on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the list of drooling readers, please! You've also inspired me to actually plan the rest of the week's eating.

    Care to share the chorizo pasta bake recipe? I've got a hankering to make that tonight.

    STxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ST - it was a recipe in a Coles magazine - dead easy. Pasta, bottled spicy tomato pasta sauce, chopped chorizo, diced capsicum and about 2 tablespoons of cream. Cook pasta, then mix them all together. Pour into a shallow dish, cover with grated cheese and bake for 25 mins at 180 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday.I need to come to your house on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x