Wednesday, April 07, 2010

dye hard

I've been dying my hair for longer than it was ever its natural colour. It started when I died it dark red for my regular Friday night Rocky Horror show excursions {dressed as Magenta - I needed the hair to match the outfit}. Then this quickly segued into my gothic black phase, which I fell so deeply in love with that 20-years later I'm still dying my hair a raven hue.

I briefly dabbled in hairdressing salons, but hairdressers are always reluctant to go with a block colour and their colour never seemed to last long enough to please pernickety me. So I've been home-colouring for years now, but I always seem to forget which hair colour I love. But now, I'm going to defeat my feeble memory and commit the name of my must-love hair colour to my blog. It's Clairol Nice N Easy, in Blue Black natch. Wouldn't you think this name would be easy, nay nice, to remember? Apparently not. Each month I scour the shelves trying to remember which brand has the awful pine-o-clean scented conditioner {um, that'd be Loreal...} and which covers my many, many grey roots and gives a deep, glossy, well-conditioned colour.

Now I know and I have black, glossy hair just in time for my school reunion this Saturday night {I know, finally, haven't I been talking about that FOR YEARS?}

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what my natural colour would be....

    I have to cover the skunk part, every 3 weeks!

    Can't wait to hear how your reunion has gone. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once, a long time ago, I accidently dyed my hair green. So if I do colour my hair I use those out in 8 wash type. And I alwyas wonder what colour I could end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a nice chocolate brown DIY dye recently, only of course once I'd finished it was jet black.
    It's not so bad, I just have to put on a whole lotta make-up so I don't look like a ghost!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x