Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ode to a cobbler

Getting dressed for my coffee morning was so much easier this morning as my favourite shoes have been resurrected. They were dead, which saddened me immensely as good mary janes with a wee heel are nary impossible to find. I found these in a wee shop in Surry Hills one day as I was trekking up the hill to Fifi Foveaux for lunch. They called my name these samples, particularly as there was only one pair - and they were a size 37 - my size!

I call these my Chanel shoes, because they're oh-so-reminiscent of something Coco would create. Today I matched them with black opaques, a pencil skirt, black and white stripey tee and a black cardi. So french. A smearing of grey eyeshadow around my eyes and I was ready for anything.

Hurrah for my friend Ms M's cobbler who for $40 resoled my beauties and have given me another couple of seasons with my one true love. Good shoes - what would we do without them?

7 comments:

  1. have spent many a dollar, and may a pound, getting shoes re-heeled.

    worth it. every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fab. It seems we share just about the same shoe size, so you go ahead and mail those beauties over here now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great cobbler and a few more seasons of true shoe lurve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cobblers, mostly for their names. As with haberdashers. They, like you, are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine my surprise when I clicked and there were those fab shoes.

    I was sure you were going to talk about food. Peach cobbler, cherry cobbler...:)

    Love them (the shoes, not the cobbler)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a relief when they can be resurrected to die another day. Look great with your tights! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoes like these make me wish I didn't almost break my ankle the few times I've tried to wear heels!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x