Saturday, April 17, 2010

petite violette

Finally, here's the planter that we bought in Singleton a few weekends ago complete with my scented violets. It fills a dead space on the wall beautifully and makes me happy every time I look at it.

So, weekend rundown so far. Last night's tarte au citron was delish. Shall post a recipe this week and please, make the effort to make the sweet pastry - it was so, so, worth it. Because the lemon filling was so tart it needed the extra sweetness of the icing sugar enriched crust. Twas gobbled down.

This morning's netball was fantastic. I've got such a lovely team again this year. I adored my team last year and really miss the girls who are in the other team, but this year's team have bonded instantly and I now have a complete team, with a few shooters, a few mid fielders and a couple of tall, enthusiastic defence players. We actually won our first game - by a dramatic margin 33 to 5 - which has boosted the girls' confidence. After last year's run of disheartening losses {we were graded too high - this year hopefully it's just right} a win comes as a pleasant surprise.

My gal had her plaster removed yesterday and the arm was x-rayed afterwards and seemed to show it healing nicely. She'll go to physio on monday and he thinks she might be able to play next week - but we'll see. I don't want her to go on too quickly.

Tonight's my father-in-law's 75th birthday celebrations. I have Julia Child's beef bourguinon in the oven and it's really worth the labour-intensive first hour's preparations - seriously.

I've just got to duck out and do a little watering when it gets cooler and wait for my husband to come home from his first golf competition - bless his socks. Then we're off to Maitland for the big family catch-up.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm taking most of the girls in my team to check out The NSW Swifts in action - should be fun. Then I'll be doing the world's most enthusiastic happy dance on monday when dropping my daughter off at school - I may have to restrain myself from snogging either her teacher or the school gates, or not...

Okay, working now. Article due monday that I need to finish off. Enjoy your weekend x

3 comments:

  1. That really is divine. Now I don't cook, but if you post the recipe I might just try. Not promising anything, but will definitely think about it as I love tart sweets. Have a great night tonight. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise to give the tart a whirl if you hand out the recipe. Not sure how you're fitting all your plans into one weekend! Hope you get the story done. I have two tasks for Monday...and, no, haven't looked at either yet. Can't wait for the school gate either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous! Will have to look for the ebay version of something like it. Great look!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x