Friday, April 23, 2010

fabulously friday



It mayn't even be 9am yet already my thoughts are turning to cocktails. Well, I do have friends coming over later today. This look I love. Bless Martha's socks, you can always guarantee the pretty over her way. I'm thinking of following her lead with a little rose syrup and a rose petal in a glass of champagne to start the evening off. What do you think? Organic roses naturally, from my garden, where the only pest control features pretty lil ladybirds.

My gal and I went shopping at Westfield yesterday where I finally acknowledged that I'm officially missing a gene. I can't bear shopping. Can't abide it. My worse torture would be if you were to set me free in a great big shopping centre for a whole day - I think I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about it. It's just all too much. The crowds, the muzak, the staff who just really couldn't be bothered actually helping... or maybe that's just the staff I find.

We were successful though. We bought lots of pressies for my husband's birthday in a few weeks time and my gal found the perfect pair of cross trainers {after three stores and lots of trials}. But in Rebel Sport we did finally find someone who went to an effort. We'd taken her old shoes along and he found the pair that were this year's model of the same shoe, checked out the wear on her shoe to make sure it suited her and understood that for a 10-year-old girl, how a shoe looks is going to be important. So we bought them, and I'll be going back to find the pair in my size {one size up from my daughter's, but $100 more expensive}.

Friends for cocktails and then out for dinner tonight. Netball from 8.30am tomorrow, then a Roller Derby bout to check out tomorrow night. FUN! Sunday shall involve chilling - I'm determined. So, what are you up to then?

2 comments:

  1. That picture is lovely. I think you should go for it.

    Shopping... so not my thing but amazingly I can spend hours drinking coffee and people watching at the shops. Weird.

    Nothing planned for the weekend but I did go out 2 nights this week.

    Enjoy your weeekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks E! I'm also a fan of drinking coffee and watching people - maybe because you can do it from a distance...

    Glad you've had two nights out - have lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x