Friday, April 30, 2010

flirty friday

Oh, it's a glorious day outside. Utterly magical. I'm now completely besotted with this season: cold enough for flannelette pjs at night, warm enough for short sleeves and long walks during the day. Bliss.

I had a bit of a whizzy this week about the state of various things: a pile of recycling that threatened to take over the world, piles of washing that would vie with the recycling for supremacy, family things that needed to be attended to, my husband's impending birthday, handing an emotional-just-because-she's-10 gal, a cat with an expensive weeping eye {and now the need to apply eye cream four times a day - yeah, that'll happen without tears} and far too many tears on MasterChef {I love a good blub - but seriously, edit some of the tears out!}.

But now the recycling's in the outside bin where it belongs, I've started to clean out the fridge, and the sheets are in the wash, with another load to follow {two a day, that's my aim - and has been for the past three days}. I've bought all but one of my husband's pressies for his birthday on Tuesday, have a meal planned, am calmly dealing with child {having been there, done that, sobbed about the choice of t-shirt on offer} and have agreed to hold cat while husband applies said cream. As for MasterChef, well, hopefully the editors will listen to the pleas on twitter, facebook and reality ravings and show some cooking instead of reformatting the show as MasterSook.

I also wish I was out riding a pretty pistachio green bike around the streets today - but that's not going to happen. Instead I'll finish off the article that's due this afternoon and keep plodding away getting this house in order. I'm also going to make up a to-do list so I can cross off all the things I've already done {like my netball game plan for tomorrow with all positions and substitutions accounted for - yay!}.

You?

5 comments:

  1. i agree with you on masterchef - there were a lot of tears last night.

    Today is freezing!!! I should have worn more clothes instead of just trousers and a t-shirt plus a light jumper. I was meant to go out to do some experiments in the field today but I don't know if I will end up going as it is sooo cold and wet and non-cheerful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE your husband has a May b'day! Roberto is on the 13th! Taurean/Leo combo? Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MasterSook (love it) has been so lachrymose, I thought I was watching a weight-loss reality show. They are gonna have to can that if they want me to keep watching. And and and, is M. Preston madder and drunker than ever?

    As for riding a bike... here in Syd, 15 degrees and raining - First day back riding the bike to work. Great Success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming over all cloudy here now Clarissa, think we're in for a cold, raining evening.

    Beth. Yep. Of course!!!!

    AGA, let's hope they sop up those tears. You know I like a good sook - but seriously, even I'm going "C'mon people - toughen up". Um, yes, nice riding weather... Eep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, yup, I couldn't watch it this year for that reason alone! FFS people you are COOKING! You are not saving the world or doing anything remotely sacrificing whatsoever, WTF are you crying for?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x