Wednesday, April 21, 2010

what's cooking wednesday?

Can I tell you how much I really, really, really feel like cooking beef wellington after last night's MasterChef - a lot. But, unfortunately, I shan't. Here's what I shall:

tonight: gremolata and panko crumbed pork cutlets with mashed pumpkin and broccolini
Thursday: Nigella's spaghetti carbonara
Friday: Chicken curry in the slow cooker with rice, wilted spinach and naan
Saturday: Off to watch a roller derby bout so an early dinner of steak and salad is called for
Sunday: Roast chicken and vegies
Monday: lamb cutlets, braised lentils du puy, roasted sweet potato and braised cabbage
Tuesday: spanish chicken, rice and salad

I have netball training with my gals today. I'm pretty sure they're going to be on a high from Saturday's win - and so they should be. We'll do lots of fun stuff at training today - that'll still boost their skills. It's my gal's first day of real training now her cast's removed - fingers crossed it all goes well. We'll take it easy, but her physio says it's healed really well so she should be fine.

It was a foggy morning, which points to a beautiful day ahead. I've got loads of washing to do - but I'll try to limit it to just the one. Then there's another article to complete as well as trying to something about the state of the kitchen floor {locking the door and moving seems like a viable option... or I could sweep and mop}.

Enjoy your Wednesday. What are your plans for this glorious mid-week day?

4 comments:

  1. My plans are
    - watch some more seachange episodes on my mini dvd player (i love seachange :) )
    - go up to the shops to borrow some more dvds!
    So basically - another relaxing day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect Clarissa - just what your brain and body needs after that thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! How good does your menu look! I'm now wondering how you manage to be so super organised :) Unfortunately I give it my best but I still have piles on my desk and I seem to fail at menu planning. Keep on trying to get it together.
    Today my seven year old is unwell. No school for him and no work for me today. So I could give it a red hot go at getting organised! You've inspired me.
    Have a happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks LATM, I have to be organised otherwise I think I'd have a meltdown. It took me quite a few tries before I got the hang of menu planning - but now it's a lifesaver. I don't always stick to it - things come up and the menu plan goes down - but just knowing it's there makes me happier!

    Hope your lil one recovers soon! Yes, plan some menus!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x