Friday, April 02, 2010

good friday

Hey everyone, slightly hungover in this neck of the woods after much delicious Brokenwood wines and some damned fine Bacchus food {duck and foie gras terrine - I heart you so}. Husband and I have refreshed ourselves with an omelette {thanks for the idea Beth! Sadly, I had to cook the damned thing myself} and a strong coffee.

I'm wearing blue today and have illustrated this post with some blue eggs to help raise awareness for World Autism Day. Parenting sure throws some challenges at us, and for those raising children with Autism Spectrum Disorder a whole new range of challenges are faced daily. I know some of my readers deal with this daily, so I'd just like to let them know my thoughts are with them and those mighty special people they're raising.

Have a lovely easter weekend everyone. Let's all find something to be grateful for, hold it, cherish it and relish it. xx

6 comments:

  1. I love the eggs! I am also wearing blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty eggs!
    hugs to you lovely, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the wonderful robin eggs!! Wish I could've helped with the wine consumption!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't the eggs just beautiful. If I had room for chickens I'd have the breed that lays the pretty pale blue and green eggs - gorgeous!

    AFaNM - I so wished you had helped me with the wine consumption - I'd be feeling less delicate today if you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for wearing your blue peacock dress. We are a family of blue today, all different shades toning together.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be wearing blue tonight when we go out with friends. Love of eggs. Sounds like you had a wonderful night out last night. Happy Easter PPMJ

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x