Thursday, April 22, 2010

thinking floral

Whew, Thursday, where in the hell did you come from? It's been quite the few weeks hasn't it? I've started off the morning with a lovely visit from a dear friend - one where we determined to schedule in more time together. It's so easy for weeks to pass without more than the odd "hi" and "bye" as you dash past each other.

This weekend gorgeous friends of mine are up from Sydney so I'm determined to see them in style. There's a fabulous new bar that's opened in Newcastle in one of its most beautiful buildings. The Airforce Club was the place to visit when I was at uni. They'd form a stage on top of a couple of pool tables and the place would be packed to capacity and beyond with people moshing, pogoing and slam dancing on the 'dance floor'. Now it's been restored by the same brains behind my favourite gorgeous restaurant Bacchus and is apparently utterly beautiful.

Now, you know I love my cocktails, and you know I love beautiful things so I'm pretty sure that there can't be anything better than the two combined. I'll let you know how I get on.

In the meantime I'm going to remove the droopy pale pink roses in the vase on my desk. I got nearly a week out of them, so I've got to be happy with that. I'm going to save a few of the petals and place them in a ruby red bowl - happy colours!

4 comments:

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x