Thursday, April 01, 2010

walk this way

Why is it that when you're busy something's always got to give and for me, it's exercise. It's ironic as I write about health and fitness so not only do I know that exercise is essential - I also feel so amazing after something simple as a walk. It's even worse because I live a five minute walk from this beautiful beach. Just walking by it lifts my heart. On twilight the light cast over the ocean baths can tend to bring a tear to my eye - and at this time of the year? Well, I'll be lucky to hold back the tears.

So from today I'm back into it. I'm going to go for a long-walk pre-degustation. What's more important than my health and well-being?

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I love walking. Happy to go for miles and miles - preferably not pushing a pram or dragging a tired six-year-old with me. I also love cycling. Swimming, not so much. I just don't always feel like getting wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relating intimately to your words today. I find in my 'busy' life I let my exercise slip without giving it a second thought. Why is that? Am I just being lazy? I live in a beautiful part of the world amongst nature, bushland and the river. Walking paths a plenty. Thanks for the motivation to get back on 'track' with a daily morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the getting wet - it's dealing with my hair afterwards LIAPF - long, natural curls need lotsa product to hold them in place!

    You two have inspired me to make sure that I lace up my trainers this afternoon and head out - even though I just accepted two last minute commissions due next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words. I'll just eat a few more easter eggs, then I'll be right there with you. K?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x