Friday, April 16, 2010

dark desires

I'm not normally a chocolate person, but it's come over all autumnal here today and this Spanish Hot Chocolate with Churros is the featured recipe at taste.com.au and it's taunting me every time I open my iGoogle. Mmmmmmm. I also have the sweetest smelling hands at the moment as I've just finished kneading the sweet pastry for my tarte au citron. Now, I don't have a loose-bottomed flan dish so surely I can just butter a flan dish and hope it'll come out later on? If not I can always spoon it into martini glasses and top it with cream...

9 comments:

  1. that's a gorgeous pic!

    now I have always made tarts in a loose bottom tin so I am not so sure how you will manage to get the tart out.
    goodluck, let us know how it goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathie, I never have the right gear and always manage to improvise. I made a chocolate tart with the same pastry in the same dish so hopefully it'll work out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny. i am normally an choc lover of the most obsessed kind, yet i've had a spanish hot chocolate and found it to be too much.

    churros though, i can do forever.

    still, you have a new follower. led here by blog this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if it doesn't come out perfectly or slicable, it'll still be yum.

    You are tagged over here too by the way....
    http://diminishinglucy.blogspot.com/2010/04/interview-with-four-year-old.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have never tried a churro. Hmmm.
    I have the opposite problem with my dishes, several loose bottomed tins and my pasty always manges to spring a leak and make a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY.

    That looks yummy. Now to find somewhere where I can find a good churros in London!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that same pic on taste.com.au which completely distracted me from finding a recipe for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x