Tuesday, April 06, 2010

garden glory

This is not my vegie garden, yet, although it's getting there. My husband has the delightful task today of digging in twelve bags of cow manure - heady stuff that. I found this image over at Martha Stewart Living and am feeling rather inspired by the creeping thyme over the rocks in this garden. I use a lot of thyme, think it's delicious and it looks so pretty too - particularly in flower. I can't wait till my side yard is a verdant oasis. We're oh-so-damned-close!

So, it's tuesday and I've already been to the dentist. Ooh yeah. Thanks to my dentist pointing out my uneven wear on my two front teeth last August I've barely been able to notice anything else. Every day it seemed to get worse and I swear the teeth felt more sensitive. So today I gave in and had them both evened up. Apparently I used to grind my teeth - maybe back when I was in uni - but I've stopped now, so I have two straight front teeth again. Luckily he kept the gap between my two front teeth - I insisted I wanted that to stay and that I didn't want long Bugs Bunny front teeth {fusspot aren't I?}. It feels a little odd, but looks kinda normal - and still like me - so that's got to be a good thing.

Today I promised my gal we'd bake some bread in the KitchenAid, so I'd best pop over to Frills In The Hills and see what Liss has managed to achieve in this area. The brownies I baked for my husband for Easter were a HUGE success. Honestly, when you're going for a sweet recipe always choose Nigella first - has anyone ever had a failure with her recipes?

I'm also counting down the minutes till Survivor tonight. Any promised showdown between Boston Rob and Hobbit-On-Crack Russell is bound to make my day/week/month... oh hell, life. Okay, now I have four articles due this week, two down, two more to go. I will be commenting on your blogs - and replying to your lovely comments on mine, very, very soon. Promise {she says smiling sweetly with her two new teeth x}

11 comments:

  1. I knew something was different!

    I too am DESPERATE for Survivor tonight. Last week my little sis IQ'd it for me so we had that little pearl to watch over the easter weekend. Brilliant!

    Can't wait to see that vegie garden in full swing. Then you can go and make smug status updates on your organic produce from your organic garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, there will be smugness don't you worry!

    And yes, tonight oh my word am I looking forward to it. How freaking amazing was last week. I love me my Boston Rob, but have a sneaking admiration for Russell after that blindside last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed most of Survior last week and forgot to watch the catch-up Sunday arvo so i am totally out of the loop! I saw the tribal council though and figured something interesting had gone down in terms of alliances, so lookinf froward to tonight too.
    Good luck with the articles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mrs P, interesting doesn't do justice to the degree of duplicity and cunning in this series of Survivor. Will be settling in to watch it tonight with a type of glee bordering on hysteria!

    And thanks, the articles are coming along. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want this garden bed. In fact I want about four of these garden beds!

    Love the rock retaining walls, the thyme flowing over the edge, would make them slightly higher for my old back though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madmother: a woman who is a hellion on wheels is not permitted to complain about her poor old back - unless referring to it as a war wound sustained in roller derby battle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that garden! Oh how I wish for mine to look like that :) If only.
    Hope you had fun baking bread today, nothing bets the divine smell which fills the house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life and the Memoirs the bread was a massive success. Perfection! We've just inhaled its well-buttered goodness and my daughter's been quite the food blogger taking a million photos of its progress. And the house smells divine {also have a beef curry in the slow cooker so it's doubly divine!}

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmm, hope you enjoyed the bread making & thanks for the reminder, survivor!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bread = massive success. Shall be trying baguettes next!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x