Monday, November 16, 2009

rose tinted attitude

It's hard not to be overcome with delicious perfume in any corner of my front yard today. Those delicious scarlet blooms are Mr Lincoln - a red rose with a heady scent. Just underneath are the delicate pale pink petals of Duchess de Brabant with her subtle scent and nodding blooms. So pretty.

And as you walk down the front stairs the heady aroma of gardenia offers a knock-out blow.

Now that I've got a vase-ful of peonies on my desk I'm pretty sure that life's complete...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so fragrant!! What a delightful house and garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls, it's just so blissful breathing in that perfume. I love a scented garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful! I love the smell of gardenia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Melissa, it's one of my favourites as well - it's so heady, yet the flowers are so delicate, especially when touched. x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x