Monday, November 16, 2009

pink of perfection

Guess what? Yep, it's peony season. My love for these flowers is as grandiose as their blooms so this year I'm going to take advantage of it and buy a bunch of them at least three times during the season.

Sure, they're expensive, but I've spent the same amount of a bottle of wine which gives only fleeting pleasure. So instead, I'm going to break the cost down into days of pleasure and will probably only spend the equivalent of a decent cup of coffee per day. You can't put a price on pleasure...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE peonies. I think you can justify at least 3 bunches - they are truly a delight - I will join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a bunch - they're still tightly budded - but will take a photo of them in all their magnificence {not that you'll need it as you'll have some too}

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my sister was married 8 years ago this week and peonies featured in all the flowers we did ourselves and we went to an actual peonie farm outside of Daylesford (where she was married) and got to pick as many as we wanted. It was divine...but alas they wouldn't open in time for the big day due to unseasonally cold weather. It was such a shame. Will source out some soon for my table and report back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that farm sounds amazing. I've always wanted to go to Daylesford - now you've given me the perfect excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x