Friday, November 13, 2009

frugal friday

After a very, very long absence, here's the return of Frugal Friday. Yep, I haven't really had that much to write about lately, but now I have a secret to share.

True frugalistas will know of what I'm about to speak, but to me, I've uncovered a revelation.

The discount chemist.

You seen them? Heard of 'em? Been into one? They're pretty damned amazing let me tell you.

I accidentally wandered into one earlier this week while in a different suburb and off searching for my bank's ATM {saving myself $2 in fees - double frugal}.

Obviously one of the main savings with discount chemists is with scripts and vitamins, but let me tell you people, the toiletries! I stocked up on toothbrushes, toothpaste, sunscreen and hairdye at prices I couldn't believe. Even on sale at the supermarket I'd never paid such a low price for these items.

I'll be going back again next time I need to stock up. They even had weird stuff like washing up liquid for sale at ridiculously low prices.

Bargain city.

3 comments:

  1. Frugalista - I love it! :D

    The trap is though with the discount chemist, you go in wanting to spend $20 and come out with no change out of $50 because you can't resist a bargain! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with wanting to spend $20 and blowing $50...but you can never have enough lipgloss and hairdye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think you have to abide by the usual rules: stick to a list and "do I really need it and would I buy it if it were full price?" criteria.

    That said, went back today {with my in-laws} and bought two tubes of colgate for $1.50 each. BARGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x