Monday, November 23, 2009

playing your cards right

I love a row of Christmas cards all strung up. The garlands filled with seasons greetings just make me happy. So I have a few secrets to share for an organised send out.

Make your list: I have a word document with everyone's full name, including kids {updated whenever there's a new addition - or, gulp, subtraction} with the full address and postcode. Each year, I also sneakily mark whether or not I receive a card {this way I hope to ditch a few of the cards I send, even though I never see these people during the year}.

This year I'm getting in early and sitting down on Thursday night and addressing all the envelopes. This will leave me free to write on five cards per night over the next week or so, happy to be able to write a personal greeting to everyone - without getting writer's cramp.

Finger's crossed that I'll have all my cards out in the first week of December - with a few spares just in case I receive any last-minute additions!

5 comments:

  1. Good timing PPMJ.

    I'm thinking of not doing them this year. I always find it such a drudgery and then I think, well if there's not a lot of joy in writing them, it's not really a good idea to send them is it?

    Still debating this one inside my head. And yep, you are ultra organised - I'm extremely impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well PTT, I did cross quite a few people off the list. I can't see the point in writing out and sending a christmas card if that's the only communication between you. But because I love receiving them, I've decided I should rejoice in sending them too {only to people I like ...}

    And oh Frannie, your Christmas Card Debacle was, as always, a HOOT. Made me realise why I buy the things though...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x