Wednesday, November 04, 2009


After a scorcher of a day yesterday it's cool and grey - yep, nothing like consistency! I had to do a lot of watering yesterday to soothe my poor drooping plants - the trees by the pool were particularly unhappy with the 38 degree temperatures and hot, lashing winds.

I did find the process quite meditative though. As a non-meditator I find it hard to switch off. Scarily, television is my meditation... But even that's not working. I found myself drifting off and eye-rolling last night in my favourite show - The Rachel Zoe project. At the end, when she was dizzy and nauseous? Um, did anyone recommend that she actually ate something? Crazy.

What do you do to chill out and switch off?

5 comments:

  1. Gin. And lots of it. No really, I love to water the garden too I think it's totally relaxing and you feel good doing it too. I love all the extra weeds that get pulled out along the way. I skipped on Zoe last night as I was too tired...but hows about Mon night NY housewives? Brilliant I tell you. And when Rob asked me if we were pathetic that we got so much joy from it I said that at least there was someone else out there enjoying it too. Tell me that someone was you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH IT WAS HOT yesterday. So glad for the cool change. It's stifling to the brain!!

    I cooked/prepared food the night before.. we watered at 8am and then again at 4pm.. vege garden was happy.

    Rachel Zoe.. I was thinking some producer hit her up with the news that Taylor was about to abandon ship..??? Co-incidence.?? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beth, I hate to tell you, but I MISSED the housewives reunion. TWICE. And it would have brought me so, so, so much joy.
    And Liss, I loved that 'friend' of Taylor's telling her that she doesn't want to be the person always complaining about her job... Um, Taylor IS always the person complaining about her job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I colour-in. SOunds weird I know, but I find it really relaxing and all I have to think about is what colours go with what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colouring in's a fabulous idea Mrs P - the perfect way to chill {after Beth's suggestion of gin, mind}

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x