Tuesday, January 04, 2011

what's cookin' this week?

We're getting back into entertaining this week - hurrah! So here's what we'll be eating this week.
Tonight: the gal's off to her grandparents' for a couple of nights so we'll have a simple steak and salad dinner.
Wednesday: still no child - I think I might try a pork stir-fry.
Thursday: Child being returned by grandparents - who I'll repay by cooking up a meal. I'm going to try chicken with 40 cloves of garlic, potatoes and green beans.
Friday: two couples and assorted kidlets for dinner tonight. We're going to Provence this year with one of the couples so I'd best check out my Provence cookbook to find a suitable meal. For pudding I'll be making my new fave - nectarine clafoutis and vanilla bean icecream.
Saturday: Thai beef salad.
Sunday: The farmer's markets re-open - hurrah! I'll be buying something yummy and cooking it up.
Monday: lamb on the bbq I think.

PS: I adore this pop of colour and use of a screen door on the pantry. I'm tempted to take the screen door off our side veranda, paint it and pop it on our pantry. Unfortunately I've hidden away our fridge, recycling bin and rubbish bin in our pantry so it's not quite as peep-worthy as this one...

6 comments:

  1. Were you a chef in another life ppmj?? Yummo (though I couldn't do the lamb - lamb and I don't agree :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cooking ideas, i plan my menu as in our house it's dinner party for 6 every night!! I'm just replacing all the nice things my children eat like potatoes, pasta, rice or bread, with salad, weight falls off, evil carbs. Have fun in Provence, how delightful, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE that pantry door! WHat a great idea. Could I share that image on my blog {and add a link to your lovely blog, of course}. I'd so love to post about it. Ohhh I love new decorating ideas! Thankyou, thankyou x
    PS I'm watering at the mouth just thinking about your menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish! We're having prawn linguine, steak & salad, chops & veg, chicken satay, veg & rice this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to come to your house for dinner sometime. Another lovely menu! And I do love that pantry door. Simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caz, oh no - just a frustrated one in this life. I do love cooking!

    Thanks Posie, I try to limit the carbs too -but then I go through potato cravings...

    Kim - of course you can - how lovely x

    Oooh, Corinne - yum!

    MM - come on up this way and you're welcome x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x