Wednesday, January 26, 2011

aussie-as

I like to spend Australia Day celebrating what it is that I love about this country. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's on its way. I love how we band together in a tragedy, I love our dramatic coastlines and glorious stretches of surf. I'm more than a bit fond of streets lined with frangipani signally the height of summer. There's a lot to love about this country - including the fact that Pink Lamingtons can be considered a perfectly patriotic food.

Bless.

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with your more. Especially about the pink lamingtons. As for me, I'm off to make some white chocolate ones... Happy Australia Day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah pink lamingtons, almost as traditional as my store bought lamington swiss roll!! Tee hee, Happy Australia day, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Australia Day PPMJ - hope you celebrate in style and enjoy any pink lamingtons you may find. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Australia Day to you m'lady! Would it be un-Australian to have a champagne today? No, didn't think so. Have a great one x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to make lamingtons. Chocolate ones, though. Yummo.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink Lamingtons. The perfect treat for an Aussie lass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the pink lammies! Happy Australia Day to you... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink lammies too! But I can't go past a pav for Aussie Day:)
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect words. So agree with you. Happy Aussie Day to you from an Aussie girl far from home in white wintery Munich. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x