Thursday, January 06, 2011

good gear

I don't know about you, but I often truly, deeply believe that if I have just the right piece of equipment I'll be better at something. Take this Cath Kidston tea towel. If I owned this I wouldn't leave any washing up 'drying' on the sink for a couple of days... Nope, my sink would be consistently pristine.

I'm always considering the next best thing to make me a better duster. Have you seen those spinning lurid green dusters advertised on TV? Oh, I so nearly dialed that number - until I realised that I have two dusters {um, gathering dust} in my pantry. Every week I'm consumed with envy as I sit at my desk and watch next door's cleaner come in and dust around all the inside of the windows I can see. I know, weird. I've no idea what else she does - but gee I'm envious of the dusting. Despite my asthma and hayfever dusting always falls into a non-essential category for me: way after vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, washing, cooking etc.

You?

3 comments:

  1. Dusting? What's that? I have a serious window cleaning deficiency. No matter what I do they end up streaky :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I have just the gadget for that... Seriously, it's a microfibre cloth. I wet it, squeeze it out and do the windows. Then I polish with an old linen tea towel. See, sometimes gadgets do work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you .... if the tools are pretty or nifty I'm more likely to use them and keep them pretty and nifty. :) I'm the same with storage. I love it and when I have more storage everything has a place and is way tidier. I hsould just live in a house full of cupboards, bookshelves and pretty boxes ... oh and Cath Kidston tea towels which I agree are also delightful. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x