Thursday, January 27, 2011

leaving on a jet{star} plane

We're off to Melbourne tonight for a quick long-weekend catching up with the family. My brother has an art exhibition in progress that we're dying to check out - and we've got a lunchtime catch-up on Saturday with all my step-sisters and their families. Yay!

The gal's keen to go to the zoo, so we thought her grandparents would love to do that - after dropping hubby and I off in the city to stroll around the laneways {damn, I do love me some Melbourne laneways...}. Hopefully the weather will behave itself and not give me the stinking hot Melbourne summers I remember from my teenage years while on School Holidays down south...

I think we're all set. I made some pizza scrolls last night that are sitting in the freezer waiting for the gal's school lunch on Tuesday. Aaah, the return of school - gotta love it!

My in-laws are also coming down to stay here this weekend to look after the cat and the garden. They love a chance to get down by the beach - and my mother-in-law adores our cat {who loves her right back!}. So all's good. Enjoy your weekend x

10 comments:

  1. Have a lovely weekend PPMJ. I'd love to be sitting on the lovely chair on your picture with my book :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have a wonderful weekend. I LOVE Melbourne. Nothing better than some laneway wandering.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is perfect for you here today.

    Enjoy the city and all it offers, and they will all love the baby elephants currently at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time PPMJ. I love Melbourne too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have the bestest time ever!! Can wait to hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...that picture is quite possibly one of the most heavenly images I've laid eyes on! Have a fab mini-break x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome!

    Have a great time! We took Archer on his first visit to the zoo last weekend! xx.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me SO happy. Thank you for taking the time to share the love x